Skip to main content

Meet the Coach - he's here all week

One man, many teams, zero plans. Not actually Clueless by name, more by nature...

Meet the Coach - he's here all week


One man, many teams, zero plans. Not actually Clueless by name, more by nature...

Long story very short, I am quite rubbish at sports. And that ranged from playing it as a kid to as of now where I couldn't tip winners in any given league in any given sport to save myself. Melbourne Cup? I make educated punts that never come off. Horse racing in general? Awful, just awful. And don't get me started on American Football because I'm completely lost there.

And yet I am continually invited to join in various fantasy sport coaching challenges, like AFL (Australian Football League) Supercoach and more recently Sorare's Soccer and Baseball competitions (which started off as an attempt to get into the world of NFT's strangely enough...) Maybe it's for the entertainment factor, maybe it's making up the numbers, whatever it is, they keep asking me to coach again even though most of my teams end up the way of an out control Formula One car, straight into a retaining wall. 

But even though I can't tell a Scherzer from a Sheisenhousen or a Bonds from a Bontempelli (actually I do know that one) what I can do and have been doing for a while now, is writing/blogging about the experience for entertainment value over at Almigo.blogspot.com. And since there was so much weekly sport stuff all of a sudden coming through, I thought it best to continue it on its own spot here on the interwebs. Here I'm going to build my teams, try to win (I'll give anything a crack) and hopefully provide some entertaining commentary along the way - and if it's ticking the boxes for you or maybe even tickling your fancy, let me know. I always appreciate the feedback. 

This won't be pretty at all, but I appreciate you jumping on the bandwagon.

LET'S DO IT!

Coach Clueless

aka Almigo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada and Schnitzels round 004 - Cooking up some fresh cards

I have high hopes for my casual team this week, I have normal hopes for team limited and I'm also hoping the canteens at the stadium have beef stroganoff on the menu. Big fan. It's team selection time again so let's see who gets to put on the socks this week!

Bash for the Border - Awards night

Well it was a huge night at Smokey Bob's Ribs and Rotgut - the Flavorless Flavs Supercoach AFL Team, their fans, the coach (me) and support staff all met for a drink, a laugh and to wrap up the year that was with a good old awards ceremony. And after the smoke cleared (and the cops were called for a bit of a brawling incident) we found ourselves with the top ten players of season 2022. Let's congratulate all our big winners shall we and find out the very best of the very best.

Bash for the Border - Round 20 - The last dance

The final game for my AFL Coaching Career in season 2022 was run and won. And while I wait for the phone to ring and sort out a juicy deal with Netflix, let's see how we went one last time..