Skip to main content

Meet the Coach - he's here all week

One man, many teams, zero plans. Not actually Clueless by name, more by nature...

Nada and Schnitzels round 005 - Who's this knocking on my door?

The casuals are going great, the Limited team is rubbish and suddenly I have a new staff member I had no idea about.. 


What else could go wrong this week?

Boss, good news! Your player agent manager is here! Shall I find him a spare office?

Sure. Wait, my what?

Hullo Coach Almigo, is me Shiggsy! You remember me from other blog where I, sports champion of Vladasputa help you with picking of dog when you not hef brightest clue of which doggy good to win? 

Oh god..

Board of you people decide your player be needing representation and who better than former champion of Vladasputa Tunnel Carvers than I, Shiggsy great! I may not walk walk since goat incident of 93 but I talk talk yes!

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean to be honest..

It mean I speak for players and be doing the negotiations for the contracting and the airing of the grievance. Together player get best deal and you get player who behave and not nude up in situation appropriate!

Er...don't they all have the same stock standard contract here which is 'like it or lump it?' I mean that's how it usually works around here!

Not anymore Coach of Clueless variety, Shiggsy is here to line pockets and bring player justice!


Oh goodie..


THE DATA IS IN

So it turns out that if you've got anymore than just a passing interest in Sorare (and you've sunk a couple of bucks into the game so far) then sites like Sorarebase.football are absolute god sends. Because not only will it remind you of who or what you bought (just in case you forgot somehow) but also how much you paid and more importantly, how much your players are worth at any given second. And at the time of writing it seems there's a lot more going on in the camp of the Crispy Golden Schnitzels other than a supreme lack of scoring: 


Namely the fact that Sands seems to be a hot commodity at the moment and worth 2.5x what I paid for him! How and why is beyond me, but that's the market right now, the Sands is hot!

On the flip side however Aroki is not, down 42% of his original contract. 

So off this wonderful development, I've listed Willie for 3x what I paid for him just as an experiment. He'll be on the market for the next two days and either I'll start to turn a profit on my terrible team (which is hilarious) or he'll come back into the fold. Time will tell!

Big William style be telling me that if he not sold to other club, he be wanting more benefit for being most worth on team. This include:
1 x extra meatball on pasta night
Bigger cup than everyone else on beer Friday
Car parking space (if worth go up, we will ask for car too!) 
Hairstylist on call.

Right, well I'll consider that. While I do, let's line up the teams for this week!


LINE EM UP BABY!


In the underdog comp: 

Will Sands hang around long enough to make this round?
Will any other players actually turn up and score something?
Will Julian Draxler get top score even though as a common card, he gets nothing at all anyway? 
Will Bobby Shuttleworth go up 250% too? 

Gah, so many questions! Get out there and do something team, I don't care what really. 

(Actually I've just noticed that none of the players selected have a game on IRL. This is going to be truly awful)

Which is the same situation over on the casual side where the players are good, but the matches aren't happening anywhere.


They're playing for experience sake and little else. Sigh, experience isn't really going to pay the bills now is it? 

If I get anything out of either of these games I'll be well and truly surprised..

THE NEXT DAY 

So interestingly I logged in to find I've scored another player (not sure how, but okay we'll go with it) and I've got an offer on Sands.

I mean I can always do with another Goalkeeper in any of my teams, so welcome aboard JT!


As a teenager, JT Marcinkowski had a hankering to be a chef in Italy. The only things holding him back was a stunning lack of cooking ability and having no idea how to speak Italian. But he tried, didn't get anywhere and switched to soccer instead. Still, we can all dream can't we?

Over on the dealing table, someone called Slowmatt is keen on recruiting my Sands:


While the offer is more than twice what I paid for him, the market tells me he's still hot stuff so sorry Slow one, but I'm going to hold out for even more so...


NO DEAL!

AND THE RESULTS ARE IN!


Sands good, rest terrible. (Wow, now I'm talking like Shiggsy!)

Meanwhile in the casual camp, I really should have put the crown on Karim there...but hey, didn't the rest of the team do well! (Aside from whatever happened to Charlie..) 

With a bit of luck we might get higher than Tier 1 next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada and Schnitzels round 004 - Cooking up some fresh cards

I have high hopes for my casual team this week, I have normal hopes for team limited and I'm also hoping the canteens at the stadium have beef stroganoff on the menu. Big fan. It's team selection time again so let's see who gets to put on the socks this week!

Bash for the Border - Awards night

Well it was a huge night at Smokey Bob's Ribs and Rotgut - the Flavorless Flavs Supercoach AFL Team, their fans, the coach (me) and support staff all met for a drink, a laugh and to wrap up the year that was with a good old awards ceremony. And after the smoke cleared (and the cops were called for a bit of a brawling incident) we found ourselves with the top ten players of season 2022. Let's congratulate all our big winners shall we and find out the very best of the very best.

Bash for the Border - Round 20 - The last dance

The final game for my AFL Coaching Career in season 2022 was run and won. And while I wait for the phone to ring and sort out a juicy deal with Netflix, let's see how we went one last time..