Skip to main content

Meet the Coach - he's here all week

One man, many teams, zero plans. Not actually Clueless by name, more by nature...

New players put away for a rainy day

After watching the price of William Sands continue to rise (at the time of this post he's still at +253% in value) I figured maybe I should use the last dregs in my account to purchase a couple more random players and keep them on hand, just in case they suddenly increase in value one day. 


Now don't quote me, but I'm sure Elon Musk also did something similar to create his great wealth and fortune, so why not give it a go hey?

SO NOW IN THE VAULT, (HOPEFULLY) GENERATING MAD VALUE BY THE SECOND

 


Unlike most of my seemingly on again, off again playing group for the Crispy Golden Schitzels, Kang seems to play a lot. And while it hasn't translated into a score that puts him up there with the best of the best (he's sort of down at the other end of things) at least he is scoring - and there's quite a few other players on my list that can't actually claim that, so he's ahead there. 

Wandering into the auctions with no idea what I was looking for (nothing unusual there) I picked him up for a song at a very low .65 Euro and already Sorare Base tells me he's trending at just over 1 Euro. Not a bad pickup at all for my venture into a soccer player investment portfolio!

No relation whatsoever to that angry brain from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at all, his name was Krang.

No relation at all. 

Shortly after I added Kang Yun-Koo to my list, I switched games and decided to go head hunting for a Baseball player, my first Limited Urban Uppercut. 
However shortly after purchase, I realised there isn't a Sorare Base site for Baseball like there is for the soccer side of things currently. Which means it'll be a little harder to work out if he's gone up in price but still, we welcome to the fold: 


I paid 1.13 Euro for Festa here, so a little more pricey than Kang and after a quick search, the cheapest version of this same card is 1 Euro. But that's after less than one day of ownership so I'm happy to wait for that situation to change. (Hilariously someone is selling a copy of him for 16 Euro - that'd be nice!)
 

Right, now the accounts empty - who's keen on buying one or both of these guys for 10x what I paid? Anyone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada and Schnitzels round 004 - Cooking up some fresh cards

I have high hopes for my casual team this week, I have normal hopes for team limited and I'm also hoping the canteens at the stadium have beef stroganoff on the menu. Big fan. It's team selection time again so let's see who gets to put on the socks this week!

Bash for the Border - Awards night

Well it was a huge night at Smokey Bob's Ribs and Rotgut - the Flavorless Flavs Supercoach AFL Team, their fans, the coach (me) and support staff all met for a drink, a laugh and to wrap up the year that was with a good old awards ceremony. And after the smoke cleared (and the cops were called for a bit of a brawling incident) we found ourselves with the top ten players of season 2022. Let's congratulate all our big winners shall we and find out the very best of the very best.

Bash for the Border - Round 20 - The last dance

The final game for my AFL Coaching Career in season 2022 was run and won. And while I wait for the phone to ring and sort out a juicy deal with Netflix, let's see how we went one last time..