Skip to main content

Meet the Coach - he's here all week

One man, many teams, zero plans. Not actually Clueless by name, more by nature...

Uppercuts round 004 - Buy one ticket, get nine free!


On the soccer side of this coaching business, I'm drowning in players. Seriously, I can't even tie up my own coaching boots without discovering a new member of the team lurking underfoot. Which is why I can field a Limited team, a casual team and train three bunches of random Fajitas each and every week.

On the baseball side however it's a different story. I can field one team and that's it. No training, no bonus, no nothing. So for the time being, my options are a touch on the limited side. Still, there's enough choice to change a couple of players around each week so let's do that and see what sticks..

THE LINE UP THIS WEEK: 


Our new recruit Heaney winds up as our starting pitcher by virtue of having a great score-

Which he didn't actually get from playing with the Urban Uppercuts I must add.

Shhh bull face, who's coach here?

Munoz who was third best last round gets another go as does Machado who killed it last week. Lopez is the only guy available for his slot, Gonzalez gets a run because McCarthy how a horrible round last week, Stallings needs the experience and Urias should do alright as a flexible. 

Can we do better than a tier 3 player this week though?

Maybe we'll score a tier 4 player this week boss, or possible even a 5!

Er no, the tiers don't go that low thankfully. Otherwise I'd end up with Don the Hotdog sales guy or Erica who cleans the seats in the stadium. No, here's to tier 2 or high!

RESULTS TO COME!

Taking a leaf out of my Limited Soccer team The Golden Crispy Schnitzels, a few of the Urban Uppercuts failed to show. To rub further salt into the tequila wounds, those who played were rather...lacklustre. 


Again, Captain Manny came to play. Unfortunately obviously leading by example, he played badly and the rest of the team joined in. And did we forget to invite Gonzalez to game day?

Er, I don't think so. I did send him a reminder and directions to the field through his Myspace, so...

Hmm, that might explain it. Okay then. 

Result - 3%. Mother of low sports scores, that's rough. Forget Tier 3, after this rubbish round I'll be lucky to get the dirt on a players uniform let alone someone who can swing a bat in this game...

Seems like it's not my week for winning this one. Or the next one.

Maybe the one after that then?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada and Schnitzels round 004 - Cooking up some fresh cards

I have high hopes for my casual team this week, I have normal hopes for team limited and I'm also hoping the canteens at the stadium have beef stroganoff on the menu. Big fan. It's team selection time again so let's see who gets to put on the socks this week!

Bash for the Border - Awards night

Well it was a huge night at Smokey Bob's Ribs and Rotgut - the Flavorless Flavs Supercoach AFL Team, their fans, the coach (me) and support staff all met for a drink, a laugh and to wrap up the year that was with a good old awards ceremony. And after the smoke cleared (and the cops were called for a bit of a brawling incident) we found ourselves with the top ten players of season 2022. Let's congratulate all our big winners shall we and find out the very best of the very best.

Bash for the Border - Round 20 - The last dance

The final game for my AFL Coaching Career in season 2022 was run and won. And while I wait for the phone to ring and sort out a juicy deal with Netflix, let's see how we went one last time..